Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Flood Insurance


Flood insurance
These is another protection which we advise our client who live near water or creeks to have. But not only them are advise to have this, because people who live uptown claims they have any need for that, let’s look into it.

Neither is true.

Floods are the easiest and as well as natural disaster. Flooding is not just restricted to hurricane-prone areas or even large bodies of water, in fact, 25% of all flood-related claims come from low to normal risk areas that are contrary to common belief.

Flood is known as a temporary and general condition of complete inundation of normally dry land areas from:

The overflow of tidal waters
Runoff of surface waters
Mudflows caused by flooding.
Floods can occur in the desert, in developed areas, during snowmelt or anywhere the ground is hard and also does not absorb excess water. Inadequate drainage or erosion can lead to floods or mudslides

Flooding can damage so many things like foundation, structure, floors, walls and furniture in the house. As you know damage caused by flooding are not included on a standard homeowner’s policy. The flooded area is declared a natural disaster by the federal disaster assistance, which is really a low interest loan. But most floods aren’t.

But flood insurance will protect you. Flood insurance will help to protect you financially in case you experience damage caused by flooding, it will help you get back into your house as quickly. It covers many damages like: flood, tsunamis, mudflows due to flooding, flood-related erosion, excessive waters accompanied by a severe storm flash flood.

Flood insurance is available for almost everybody: renters, homeowners, houses, condos, apartments, manufactured homes and commercial buildings, even in a floodplain, the only caveats are:

Your house has to be located in a community that participates in the National Flood Insurance program (NFIP). Good news, almost all the community in United States takes part in this program.

This very insurance is catastrophic insurance, which means they are limits to the insurance which are provided. $250,000 is the highest available coverage for residential buildings, that’s for the structure and $100,000 for the contents of your home, and its available starting at $355 per year. There is a 30 day waiting period between your application and the effective date of your coverage. Hurry now, don’t wait until it starts raining to get your insurance!!